Pavel Tsatsouline – Master of Sports
Pavel Tsatsouline, along with his publisher, John DuCane, brought the kettlebell to the United States in 2001.
Pavel holds the elite title of Master of Sports in Russia.
As the originator of the Russian Kettlebell Challenge (RKC), he conducts kettlebell certification workshops all over the world. He is the author of several top-selling fitness book and DVDs.
Pavel trained the Soviet Special Forces and has brought this training to FBI hostage units, the US Marines and similar organizations.
All of our instructors are certified by Pavel. For more information about Pavel, go to www.powerbypavel.com
RKC (Russian Kettlebell Challenge)
RKC (Russian Kettlebell Challenge) is a ‘Hard Style’ of kettlebell training born in the special ops of the Soviet Union.
- Power production over power conservation
- Strength as a skill
- Maximal acceleration in quick lifts and maximal tension in slow lifts
- Safety as a part of performance
All our instructors have been certified by training with Pavel and completing the Russian Kettlebell Challenge.
Functional Movement Screen
All of us have imbalances and asymmetries lurking in our bodies that if left unattended- are going to adversely affect future performance. It’s called “piling fitness on dysfunction”.
Functional Movement Screen TM is a ranking and grading system created to document movement patterns that are keys to normal function. By screening these patterns, functional limitations and asymmetries are readily identified.
Southside Kettlebells offers Functional Movement Screening. The scoring system is directly linked to the most beneficial corrective exercises to restore mechanically sound movement patterns. This set of screening movements and the corresponding movement corrections can
- Improve functional and athletic performance
- Helps to reduce the potential for training and sports injuries
- Can be easily utilized in both the athletic and active fitness populations
- Identifies physical imbalances, limitations, and weaknesses
- Improves fundamental movement patterns with simple corrective exercises
- Helps to individualize training and conditioning programs for specific results